Thursday 20 October 2011

Genre - Horror

DefinitionHorror films seek to elicit a negative emotional reaction from viewers by playing on the audience's most primal fears. They often feature scenes that startle the viewer through the means of unreal figures and lifeless. 

My Initial Genre was Romance, but later decided on Horror as i felt it would in-capture the audience right from the beginning. I have researched into different film openings which have used horror as a theme, this has help develop my own ideas. The above film 'Insidious' has inspired me greatly, in the way its been edited then produced. The begin is slow moving but engaging.  I like the idea of flashbacks of different events which are happening in para to the main event. This will give a sense of an abandoned/lost world. To create effective lighting, I will research into this aspect - Filmed in the dark, possibly with a hand held torch or have colours dropped into the background such as; Green, Red and Purple.  These colours represent a horror atmospheric vibe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment